History of character is unknown.
Powers and Abilities
- Atlantean Biological Adaptation: The Atlanteans are offshoots of humanity that are biologically adapted to the deep ocean environment. All their abilities are by-products of their bodies being adapted to survive unprotected in the tremendous pressures of the ocean depths.
- Amphibious Nature: Tempest, as an Atlantean, and the son of a wizard and Atlantean queen, can breathe both water and air, but must return to the aquatic environment at various intervals; this length can be prolonged by the humidity in the atmosphere. Tempest breathes by extracting oxygen from the water through tiny pores in his skin.
- Enhanced Sight: His ability to see in the murky depths of the ocean allows him exceptional night vision while on land. Tempest has excellent close range vision and he can see particularly well in low light. He is partially color blind, almost unable to distinguish between black, green, and blue.
- Enhanced Hearing: He has several times more acute than human capacity. His sense of hearing is particularly acute, although, because the rate sound travels on dry land is different than beneath the water, his hearing is directly linked to his vision.
- Enhanced Physiology: His bloodstream is filled with an amino acid that keeps his body from freezing in the ocean depths, although his own temperature is naturally quite high, allowing his muscles the heat they need to swim at such high speeds. This hybrid physiology means he can survive indefinitely underwater or on land (though he would still need occasional contact with water to survive) this length can be prolonged by the humidity in the air.
- Superhuman Strength: He can lift approximately 8 tons.
- Superhuman Endurance
- Superhuman Speed: He can swim at speeds of 97.76 knots (or 85 MPH).
- Superhuman Durability: He can survive at depths of up to 3,400 feet below surface level. His body contains fluids that adjust to give him buoyancy at varying depths. His body also produces gases that push out against the ocean pressures as heavily as they push in, preventing him from being crushed at great depths. His body is also highly impervious to physical injury.
- Marine Telepathy: Tempest has a form of telepathy which works particularly well on other aquatic life.
- Sorcery: Tempest's magical powers are so great that he was able to magically teleport the entirety of Atlantis into the past during the Imperiex War; further, the villainous Darkseid used him as a conduit to help open a Boom Tube powerful enough to send Imperiex back to the beginning of time.
- Force Beams: He is able to project purple beams of mystical energy from his eyes.
- Water Control: He inherited the ability to mystically control water and water-based solutions for a variety of effects. He can manipulate water currents, create whirlpools and boil or freeze vast bodies of water.
- Mystical Detection: He is able to sense these changes in the fields around him, and make some estimations on the what and the why of the things he senses.
- Heat Generation: Tempest has the ability to generate massive amounts of heat energy from his left hand.
- Cold Generation: Tempest has the ability to generate massive amounts of cold energy from his right hand.
- Power Limitation* : Tempest must return to water after a period of time or he will weaken. Garth can bypass this limitation by drawing moisture from the air and replenishing himself.
Equipment: None known.
Transportation: None known.
Weapons: None known.
- No special notes.
- No trivia.
Links and References
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.