Diana was the daughter of Queen Hippolyta, the first child born on Paradise Island in the three thousand year history that the immortal Amazons lived there. The Amazons had been created around 1200 B.C. when the Greek goddesses drew forth the souls of all women who had been murdered by men. One soul was left behind, the one that would be born as Diana. That soul originally belonged to the unborn daughter of the first woman murdered by a man (whom Hippolyta was the reincarnation of). In the late 20th Century, Hippolyta was instructed to mold some clay from the shores of Paradise Island into the form of a baby girl. Six members of the Greek Pantheon then bonded the soul to the clay, giving it life. Each of the six also granted Diana a gift: Demeter, great strength; Athena, wisdom and courage; Artemis, a hunter's heart and a communion with animals; Aprhodite, beauty and a loving heart; Hesita, sisterhood with fire; Hermes, speed and the power of flight. Diana grew up surrounded by a legion of sisters and mothers. When she was a young woman, the gods decreed that the Amazons must send an emmissary into Man's World. Queen Hippolyta ordered a contest to be held, but forbade Diana from participating. Diana disobeyed and did so anyway in disguise, easily winning the contest and being named the Amazon's champion. She was given a uniform fashioned from the standard of someone who had visited the island a few decades earlier.
When still in man's world, Wonder Woman secretly fell in love with a superhero with superspeed and control over fire: Blaze. They secretly married and had two childred-Maria Rider and Alan Rider.
Heroine Prime Crisis
Her adventures in man's world were well documented until 2009 when aliens from the planet Paseth are sent to retrieve her and, Kara Zor-El. Cloned, and set on the planet to perish as breeding stock to indigenous creatures. With the aid of Jade, the 3 would escape to challenge their abductors, only to be captured when Kara is ambushed by her clone, and Diana is beaten by a clone of Donna Troy. She was then brought to Mudala in shackles and stripped to also find her mother Hippolyta a prisoner as well. It was revealed that Mudala planned to replace both of them, and rule Themyscira. Then she was taken to the arena to battle against a mind altered Kara Zor-El. The battle would end when Kara used her Crystal generation to pierce Diana killing her.
Powers and Abilities
- Superhuman Strength: Granted by Demeter (Goddess of the Earth). Diana is literally as strong as the Earth because of her link to the planet granted to her by Demeter. She is quite possibly capable of lifting anything on earth.
- Superhuman Durability: Granted by Demeter (Goddess of the Earth). High resistance to damage and magical attacks. Her resistance to injury is not quite as great as any of the above mentioned meta humans. However, due to her vast threshold for pain and her amazon ability to heal at a superhuman rate, this easily makes up for the difference.
- Flight: Granted by Hermes (God of Messengers). Wonder Woman is capable of unassisted flight through an as yet unknown but probably magical means or through telekinesis.
- Superhuman Speed: Granted by Hermes (God of Messengers). She is able to think, react and move at superhuman speeds.
- Superhuman Reflexes: Granted by Hermes (God of Messengers).
- Superhuman Agility: Wonder Woman's agility is far beyond that of even an Olympic level athlete. As is her balance and coordination.
- Superhuman Stamina: Wonder Woman can last a great deal of time in any fight and with virtually anyone.
- Enhanced Healing Factor: Granted by Demeter (Goddess of Earth). Like the Earth, Diana is constantly renewing herself, allowing her to quickly heal at an amazing rate.
- Oneness With Fire: Granted by Hestia (Goddess of the Hearth). Apparently making her a focus of truth.
- Empathy: Granted by Athena. (Goddess of Wisdom) "The Sight of Athena" apparently grants her increased insight.
- Animal Rapport: Granted by Artemis (Goddess of the Hunt). Ability to communicate with all forms of animals (including dinosaurs) and her presence alone can bring a raging beast to a calm standstill.
- Enhanced Senses: Granted by Artemis (Goddess of the Hunt). Eyesight, hearing, taste, touch and smell.
- Superhuman Sight: She also possess the "Hunters Eye" which allows her to always hit her mark. She can see to far greater distances than any normal human.
- Enhanced Smell
- Enhanced Hearing
- Dimensional teleportation: On occasion, Wonder Woman can literally leave the planet through meditation. She did this to rescue Artemis when she was in hell, and has even conversed with the Greek Gods on occasion.
- Master Combatant: Diana is the finest warrior ever born among the Amazons of Themyscira. She is a master of armed and unarmed combat, proficient with nearly every weapon ever made (especially the bow and the javelin) and the exotic martial arts styles of the Amazons.
- Master Tactician and Strategist: Diana is also an accomplished strategist and tactician, trained in the arts of leadership, persuasion and diplomacy, and possesses a great deal of courage as well. She is a gifted leader.
- Multi-lingual: Diana has exhibited heightened proficiency with languages, being able to speak her native Themysciran, Ancient and Modern Greek, English, Spanish, Portuguese, French, Mandarin Chinese (she expressed "difficulty" with the tones of Cantonese during an interview with Lois Lane), Russian and Hindi. Plus, through precise muscle control, she can mimic other peoples voices for short conversations (telephone). It is more difficult, (though it can be done), for her to mimic a mans voice than another woman's voice.
- Wisdom: Granted by Athena (Goddess of Wisdom). Diana possesses great wisdom and intelligence, though the degree varies from author to author. She is among the smartest and wisest members of the Justice League of America, along with the Martian Manhunter and Batman.
- Aviation: Expert pilot. Seen flying the Invisible Jet with ease.
- Expert Lasso Wielder: Can use the Lasso of Truth as an offensive and defensive weapon.
Wonder Woman's physical strength is superhuman to the point where she is second only to beings such as Superman or Captain Marvel. She is capable of lifting well over 100 tons effortlessly and she has been seen to help move objects as large as the Earth itself. Few super-villains have been able to match her capabilities as well. She is obviously, wise given her age, and definitely as intelligent as Superman and Batman. Her amazon training and experience combined with her powers, make her nearly unstoppable!
- Build Disadvantage: Wonder Woman really doesn't have any true weaknesses or an attack that she is automatically vulnerable to, however it is interesting to note that her height and weight make her vulnerable to perhaps a few attacks that cannot be dodged or blocked and that potentially move her from location to location. But this is common among any "normal" sized super-being. So, being of similar size to her male counterparts, this is a weakness shared by her powerful comrades as well. Repulsion technology might be an efficient means of attacking and partially subduing her since she cannot block area effect attacks and her true height and weight are independent of her strength.
- Piercing Weapon Vulnerability: Diana is extremely durable and has a vast tolerance for pain. However, Wonder Woman is some-what vulnerable to piercing weapons. Some high powered rifle blasts or advanced machine-gun fire can cause her some pain, and minor injury (temporary bruising). Knives and swords of magical nature, as well as the attacker, will only cause minor pain and maybe, a minor, temporary cut.
- Energy Vulnerability: She is sometimes vulnerable to extremely high electrical and energy attacks when caught off guard. On rare occasions, she has been subdued by powerful attacks from opponents such as Ares and Marvel character Storm. Also, due to her strength, speed, and durability, freezing and fire attacks are useless against her!
- Too Compassionate: Sometimes Diana exhibits too much restraint, arguably. Far weaker adversaries such as the Tasmanian Devil, the Cheetah and Poison Ivy, for example, have put up a fight or even grounded her temporarily, though she could easily stop or even kill anyone of them with just one hit. This has even put her life in danger on occasion. In her recent fight with a brain-washed Superman, he was trying to kill who he thought was Doomsday, and Wonder Woman still had some restraint during that violent encounter, as she refused to kill her friend and comrade, despite the destruction being caused.
Equipment: None known.
- Flight commonly.
- Invisible Jet.
- Indestructable Gauntlets
- Lasso of Truth
- Boomerang Tiara: Diana's golden tiara also doubles as a throwing weapon, as it is razor-edged and can cut through most substances.
- No special notes.
- No trivia.
- Appearances of Diana Primus (Wonder Woman) (Chronological)
- Character Gallery: Diana Primus (Wonder Woman)